Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Good Year

As 2008 draws to a close, I reflect on a few of the moments and events that made 2008 a good year:

In January, my adorable niece Dakota Paige was born. It has been a joy to watch her grow and change over the last 11 months. It is hard to believe that she will soon celebrate her 1st birthday! I am anxious to see where 2009 will take lil' Dakota!
In September, I underwent upper and lower jaw surgery to correct my awful bite. While I was certainly scared prior to surgery, I can now say that I am so glad that I went through with it. I am grateful for the great work that my surgeon did and for the support from family and friends. I look forward to the braces coming off in 2009!

Also in September, the Milwaukee Brewers headed to the playoffs! Although I was not able to fully revel in the Brewers' first playoff berth in 26 years due to my recovery, I did enjoy watching the Brewers' playoff-clinching victory from the comforts of the couch. I was happy for Jim, who had wanted to see the Brewers in the playoffs for years. The Brewers did not last long in the playoffs this year, but who knows what will happen in 2009? We'll be watching!

Time spent with family and friends rounds out my list of moments and events that made 2008 a year to remember. We attended parties and weddings, toured wineries and ballparks, and shared dinners and playdates. Jim and I wish you all the best in 2009! Thanks for a good year!




















0 comments:

Post a Comment