If you haven't caught any of the local news updates on the subject, then you may not know that it is hot outside. When I was informed of the heat wave via a local news break into Days of Our Lives, I decided that I needed to attempt to beat the heat in some way. Unlike the crazy Barbie doll of a woman in my subdivision who took to jogging up the hill in front of my house, me, myself, and I chose to go see this:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, the last of a series of 8 films based on the books by J.K. Rowling. After reading all of the books over the last 10 years (I even attended a couple midnight book release parties!), I have spent the last week watching the previous seven movies in preparation for my viewing of the final installment. (I know. I'm a big dork.) When I asked Jim if he would accompany me to Deathly Hallows, he, as the loving husband that he is, agreed to come if I couldn't find anyone else to join me. Knowing that he really didn't care to see the movie (He came along to a few of the other films years ago and fell asleep in the theater each time.), I swallowed my pride and made the humbling decision to go see a movie - alone.
Once I got over the fact that I was asked upon purchasing a ticket if I was "just" purchasing one ticket and sat down in the dark theater, I was perfectly happy to watch the movie by myself - especially when the tears began to fall. I could cry it out in solitude without feeling silly for crying at a children's movie.
For those of you who are Potter fans and who have not yet seen the movie, you must see it soon. It was a fantastic finish to a magical story. It was worth every moment that I spent sitting alone in the theater.







0 comments:
Post a Comment