On Valentine's Day, Jim and I shared our traditional holiday meal (Chicken Marsala) followed by a pint of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream. The next day, I was thinking about diving into a bowl of delectable Cherry Garcia after dinner that evening. Even though the containers are small, I assumed that at least a little ice cream was left in the pint that we had opened on Valentine's Day. So imagine my disappointment when I opened the freezer to find nary a pint of ice cream in sight. When Jim informed me that we had polished it off the night before, I literally fell apart - tears, snot, sulking...the works. In Jim's defense, he did offer to go to the gas station to pick up another pint, but at that point, I just wanted to stubbornly pout. I settled for a couple handfuls of cherry M & Ms and turned in early.
The next day, I was able to clearly see and laugh at just how silly I was to lose it over ice cream. Cherry Garcia's good, but it probably isn't worth the tears. I was ready to move forward and put the embarrassing incident behind me.
Apparently, Jim was also ready to move past the Cherry Garcia Meltdown - so much so that he took action to ensure that such an unraveling would never happen again. Upon arriving home after a book club meeting last night, I was greeted with the following trail and treasure:
| JACKPOT!!! |







0 comments:
Post a Comment