Though Chris and I had certainly seen and photographed plenty of beautiful tulips at Keukenhof, we left with the hopes that we would be able to stop to photograph some tulip fields on our way to the Little Dutch House. Ideally, I wanted to "get right up in there" amongst the flowers to achieve some of the photographs that I had envisioned if the opportunity arose.
Less than five minutes after departing Keukenhof, we passed a field in which we could see people walking amongst the rows of tulips, and I knew that we just HAD to pull over to do the same. We parked across from a row of souvenir stalls and walked a short distance to an open gate that admitted us to tulip heaven. We weren't sure if we should have been in the field, but we reasoned that we saw others there before us, and the gate had been left open.
We worked quickly to get the shots we wanted before returning to the car, where we were met by a shopkeeper who seemed to be quite angry with us for parking in front of his stall without visiting the shops. He even mentioned that he should call the "Politie"! I calmly told him that we were leaving. Geesh! You'd think that you'd be in a better mood if you looked out on tulips all day!
Not a minute after pulling away from the angry shopkeeper, we passed another tulip field that seemed bigger and brighter than the one that we had walked in! A minute later, another! We decided against stopping anymore. We had all the photographs we wanted, and we didn't want to get into any more trouble!
 |
| Before we trespassed in the field of tulips as described above, we did stop at the side of the road to take some pictures of this field. We happened to stop just as a tractor was making its way across the field, which I knew I must photograph to show Will, who is as obsessed with tractors as he is with garbage trucks. |
 |
| It was amazing to see such bright colors in the field! |
 |
| We found this quote etched in stone on the path winding around the tulip field in which we walked. |
 |
| Tulips for as far as the eye could see! |
 |
| We joked that the farmer who lived in that farmhouse in the distance was going to sic dogs on us at any moment. |
 |
| Tiptoeing through the tulips |
 |
| Again, I had to use Chris as a stand-in for the twins, who surely would have upset the farmer and his dogs. |
 |
| I love this picture of Chris taking pictures amongst the tulips! |
 |
| Rows and rows... |
 |
| Oh, snap! |
 |
| I think she was attempting to model "tiptoeing through the tulips", but it just looks like she was doing the Ed Grimley dance amongst the tulips. |
 |
| Walking between the rows of tulips |
 |
| My most favoritest picture from the tulip field! |
 |
| I think she touched every tulip. |
 |
| See? Every. Single. One. |
 |
| A mutant amongst the yellow tulips! |
 |
| Tulips, tulips, tulips! |
 |
| Chris can now say that she's rolled in a field of tulips! |
 |
| The dogs never came out to get us; I'm sure the shopkeeper would have liked to have seen that! |
1 comments:
I must say.....that was the prettiest farm I've ever seen!
Post a Comment