Monday, April 25, 2016

A Playground Under Water (*A Blog Circle*)

Earlier in April, I felt the need to escape the house for an hour or two after a few rainy days spent indoors.  The sun had broken through the rain clouds and it wasn't too cold, so I decided to take the twins to a nearby park to burn off some steam before the next bands of rain showers moved into the area.

When we reached the park, we immediately noticed that the playground was surrounded by giant puddles of rain water.  I thought about turning around and going back home, but the twins, of course, weren't phased by the water and were ready to play.  Since they were wearing their rain boots and a little water doesn't hurt anyway, we stayed!

Once I saw how the reflections of the playground played on the pools of water, I didn't want to leave!  I've always been a sucker for photographing reflections; I had fun looking for and capturing them as the kiddos splashed their way around the playground!

By the time it had begun to rain once more, the kids were soaked (Will actually poured water out of his boots!) and ready to head home...for a warm bath.

After taking a look at the pictures of our outing to the underwater playground, please click on the link at the very bottom of the post to see what others in our blog circle captured while on local outings this month!













To continue around our blog circle, please visit the blog of Anna-Liisa Nixon Photography, South Florida Documentary Family Photographer!

1 comments:

Ari Dorfman said...

Love these images!!!!

Post a Comment