Sunday, October 4, 2015

A Morning on the Farm

On Thursday, the twins and I visited a local petting farm to celebrate the first day of October!  We had driven past this particular farm at least once each week (on our way to Target) for the last year, always vowing to visit the farm during their open season in the month of October.  We never made it to the farm last October, so we wanted to be sure to make it there this year. 

With the exception of two other mothers and their two children, we had the farm to ourselves for our visit there on Friday.  The twins got up close and personal with goats, llamas, horses, chickens, ducks, ponies, donkeys, and sheep.  They played on playground equipment, jumped and fought in hay in the hay barn, and took turns "driving" an old tractor.  We took a bumpy hayride to a pumpkin patch and picked out some pumpkins to decorate our front porch.  Lastly, but most importantly (according to Will), the twins ate a delicious hot dog lunch!  

When we left the farm for home, I was certain that the twins would be quick to fall asleep as soon as I put them down for a nap.  Surely they had to be tired, I thought.  All of that fresh air and activity certainly had ME tuckered out!  

No dice.

Apparently, the twins' napping days are behind us.  At this point, it's almost more work to put them down for a nap than it's worth.  It's a good thing that they are in school for two afternoons each week. Those other days are going to be LONG.  I'm going to need to find ways to fill those days!  We just might wind up back at the farm again this October!
























0 comments:

Post a Comment