Saturday, April 3, 2010

Baseball's Back!

Baseball's back in Milwaukee, baby! The Brewers have returned to Miller Park for two exhibition games against the Detroit Tigers before their Opening Day game against the Rockies on Monday, and we were there last night to welcome the Brew Crew back!

Upon our arrival to Miller Park, I realized just how much I had missed baseball and the game day experience. Nothing beats sharing a few brews with good friends before the game, or the smell originating from hundreds of portable grills, or the taste of a ballpark hot dog. How I had missed the Sausage Race, the seventh-inning stretch, and the sound of the park vendors as they solicited food and beverage! Oh, and the people-watching! The people-watching could not be topped last night! We could hardly contain ourselves as we watched a woman inspect her significant other's ear over and over again! We couldn't decide if she was popping a pimple for him or evaluating a suspicious mole! Either way, the pair resembled the primates that inhabit the zoo's Monkey Island!

The game itself was fun to watch, too! The Brewers pulled off a 3-2 win against the Tigers.

I'll be making two more trips to Miller Park over the next week: My mom and I will be going to Monday's Opening Day game against the Rockies, and Jim and I will be joining his parents for next Friday night's game against the Cards. I'll definitely be getting my fill of Brewers baseball during Opening Week. That's just fine by me!


1 comments:

Jennifer said...

We will be there next Friday too!

Post a Comment