Sunday, April 18, 2010

Good Eats: Fabulous Strawberry Pork Chops

Recently, my sister shared the following recipe with me. She couldn't stop raving about just how delicious these pork chops were and how easy they were to make. I asked for the recipe, but I was a little skeptical to actually make it. I wasn't sure about the combination of pork chops and strawberries. It seemed like an odd mix of flavors to me, but my sister assured me that the ingredients paired well together. With no other ideas for dinner one night, I decided to give these pork chops a go.

I'm glad that I gave this recipe a chance. As my sister promised, the pork chops were delicious and the meal was on the table within 30 minutes. Jim was equally as impressed. We will definitely make the meal again!

Recipe for: Fabulous Strawberry Pork Chops
From: Sue

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons crushed rosemary
3 to 4 pork chops (I used 4 boneless chops.)
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cups raspberry salad dressing
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 pint fresh strawberries

Directions:
1. Mix 1 teaspoon pepper with 2 teaspoons crushed rosemary and rub on both sides of 3 to 4 pork chops. Heat 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil in a skillet on medium-high heat and brown chops on both sides, probably about 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
2. Meanwhile, in a measuring cup or bowl, mix 3/4 cup raspberry salad dressing with 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Set aside. Slice fresh strawberries (don't use frozen!) lengthwise. Depending on their size, quarter the strawberries or cut in eights for any really large ones.
3. When the chops are browned, add the raspberry sauce, and cook about 4 minutes. When the pork juices are clear, they are done. Remove them from the pan (go ahead and plate them if you like) and add the sliced berries to the sauce for about 2 minutes to barely heat them (don't cook them). Top the chops with sauce and berries and serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment