A few weeks ago, Jim, Bailey, and I piled into the car and made the drive to Door County to relax in Egg Harbor for the weekend. Steve and Deb were kind enough to allow Bailey to stay in their camper with them, while Jim and I stayed just minutes away at The Ashbrooke. Jim's aunt, uncle, cousins, and some other family friends also happened to be staying at the campground where the Auerbach's camper is parked. We spent Friday night around the campfire with the group. On Saturday, Jim and I drove to nearby Fish Creek for lunch and a walk around the quaint little town. Later, Jim's parents treated us to a delicious steak dinner for our anniversary. Though it sprinkled a bit, we were still able to spend some time around the campfire once again. As storms rolled in, Jim and I retired to the Ashbrooke for the night. On Sunday, Jim and I drove a short distance into Egg Harbor for both breakfast and lunch before we headed back to the campground for a few more hours of relaxation.
Thanks, Deb and Steve, for a wonderful weekend! Enjoy these pictures of our stay:
 |
| Jim and I enjoyed our stay at The Ashbrooke. When we were searching for a place to stay a few weeks prior to our trip, The Ashbrooke was the only available hotel. We thought that was a bad sign. However, it was quite nice - and reasonably priced! |
 |
| Our scaredy dog spent most of his weekend inside of the camper, but we were able to coax him outside for a short amount of time on Saturday afternoon. |
 |
| Bailey found a friend in Grandma Joan over the weekend - he crawled into bed with her each night! |
 |
| "I'm such a wimp." |
 |
| We snapped these picture just as the sky was darkening after dinner on Saturday. We laughed at how much the background of each picture looked like a cheesy photo backdrop. |
 |
| When we arrived at the camper on Sunday afternoon, we found that Deb and Steve were keeping an eye on Jake, Bob and Elaine's dog, while they were at lunch with the girls. He's just too handsome! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment