Saturday, September 4, 2010

Seattle Food

One more post about our trip to Seattle this summer, and then I'll move on.  The food that we ate while we were in Seattle was just too good not to mention.  I do believe that I gained 5 to 10 pounds in the few days that we spent there!  Between Market samples and delicious seafood dinners, Jim and I ate our fair share while on vacation - that's what vacations are for though, right? 

After arriving in Seattle, we quickly learned that Iron Chef Tom Douglas dominates the Seattle dining scene with 7 restaurants in the downtown area, four of which located just steps away from our room at Hotel Andra (Lola was actually located in the hotel lobby).  We devoured the wood-fired pizzas at Serious Pie, enjoyed good seafood at Dahlia Lounge, indulged in sweets from Dahlia Bakery, and marked the last day of our trip with a hearty breakfast at Lola.  We were also able to sample some of Etta's famous crab cakes while on the Market tasting tour.  In all, we dined at 5 of the Seattle chef's restaurants, and we loved every one of them!

Our favorite foods from our trip, however, were the chocolate covered cherries from Chukar's Cherries located in Pike Place Market (Me) and the cheddar cheese from Beecher's (Jim).  We liked these foods so much that we brought some home with us!  Well, the cheese never made it home - we ate it in our hotel room and washed it down with some Washington wine! 

Seattle was one of many cities on our list of American cities to visit, but I'm glad that we chose Seattle to travel to during the summer.  The weather was beautiful, there was plenty to do, and there was plenty to eat!  We'd love to go back, but first we need to get to Boston, D.C., San Diego, San Antonio, Denver...

Jim and I at Ray's Cafe overlooking the Puget Sound

0 comments:

Post a Comment