Yesterday morning, I braved the cold, wind, and rain to join several of my colleagues in participating in the School District of Waukesha's Strive to Thrive 5K Run/Walk. A few months ago when I was faithfully exercising on a daily basis, I had entertained the idea of running in the event. That didn't happen. I walked.
After our walk, we arrived back at Waukesha North High School for refreshments and healthy snacks. After devouring my first helping of this particular snack cup, I was tempted to grab a few more cups from the table...but that would probably have defeated the purpose of the walk that I had just finished. The best part of the snack cup was the bananas - they tasted just like the bananas that are served alongside the rice and mashed potatoes at Sabor. So good!
If you're looking for a light, healthy, delicious snack, check out this recipe!
Recipe for: Caramelized Banana Yogurt Snack Cup
From: Strive to Thrive 5K Run/Walk
Ingredients:
1 firm banana, sliced
2 tablespoons brown sugar
8 oz. low fat vanilla yogurt
2 oz. low fat granola cereal
Directions:
1. Heat skillet over medium heat and add brown sugar.
2. When sugar begins to melt, add sliced bananas.
3. Stir until bananas are just coated and have browned.
4. Assemble parfait in cup in following order: caramelized banana, yogurt, low fat granola. Enjoy right away or keep refrigerated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment