Spring break has come and gone, and how did I spend my time? Why, I spent many of my hours in one of Summit View's windowless "tornado hallways" preparing the wine cabinet that will go up for auction at Summit View's "Chair-ity Auction" on Saturday, May 21st. It's no matter - it rained most of the week, and the cabinet needed to be finished.
It's not *quite* there yet - the last of the corks are drying overnight, the wine rack needs to be installed, and the drawer will be lined with wine bottle labels. I also need to add hardware to the drawer. I will have to tackle those projects after school next week.
Although the Chair-ity Auction is a few weeks away, I wanted to finish the cabinet in time for the Waukesha Art Crawl next weekend, when completed furniture items will be on display in an empty storefront in Downtown Waukesha. If you want a sneak peek at my contribution to the Auction, check out the pictures below. To see other items up for Auction, you can become a Facebook friend to "Summit View Chair-ity Auction"
here OR attend the Waukesha Art Crawl on May 7th. All are welcome at the Chair-ity Auction from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 21st. All proceeds from the Chair-ity Auction will benefit Summit View Elementary.
 |
| Books aren't just for reading! |
 |
| Once upon a time, this was a microwave cart. With a lot of help from a wonderful family, the cart is on its way to becoming a wine cabinet! |
 |
| The father of one of my students built this wine rack to insert into the cabinet. He also removed a shelf that was once inside of the cart and wheels that were on the bottom of the cart. He made legs for the cabinet and affixed those to replace the wheels. |
 |
| Decorating the sides of the cabinet took HOURS! I will be happy if I never have to glue a cork again in my life! |
 |
| Positioning the cork was like putting together a puzzle! |
 |
| Damn you, cork! |
1 comments:
I would totally buy that if I had room in my house. Good luck at the auction, and did your school win the Donald Driver Goodwill campaign?
Post a Comment