Sunday, September 25, 2011

Division Champs

With a little help from the St. Louis Cardinals, the Milwaukee Brewers clinched the NL Central title at Miller Park on Friday night.  And as fate would have it, Jim and I were there to celebrate the win.

When Jim and I went to Boston this summer, we had to trade in tickets for a game against the Cubs.  Jim presented me with two potential dates for the game that we would attend in lieu of the Cubs game:  September 8th and September 23rd.  Because September 8th would mark the end of one of the first weeks of school, I chose the other option - September 23rd.  So...one could say that it was all because of me that we were present for a historic night of baseball, right?  It was the least I could do - it was all because of me that we were NOT in attendance when the Brewers clinched the 2008 Wild Card (I was in the hospital after having undergone jaw surgery.). 

So, yes, we were there.  And it was awesome.  Definitely a night to remember...Now on to October!

Prior to the game, Nyjer Morgan was presented with the WE Energies Player of the Year award.  He actually received two trophies - one for Nyjer Morgan, and one for his alter ego, Tony Plush.


The game was tied at 1-1 until Braun's 3-run home run in the eighth inning.




1 more out...

Brewers win!!!

Shortly after the win, the Cardinals v. Cubs game began to play on the jumbo screen. Never before have I actually cheered for the Cubs at Miller Park.


Cardinals lose!  Brewers are division champs!

Confetti and streamers fell from above

Braun holds up the championship belt.

NL Central Champions!

Go Brewers!

On to October!

0 comments:

Post a Comment