Two weeks ago, my students threw a "surprise" baby shower for me. Weeks prior, one of my students held up the letter that was sent home to families notifying them of the shower and announced, "Mrs. Auerbach, we're having a shower for you!!!" Not one to be left out of the loop, I sneaked a peek at that letter later in the day, of course.
So, with full knowledge of what was REALLY going to happen when I took my students to my friend Veronica's third grade classroom for a "buddy activity", I had to give my best Oscar-worthy performance and feign my surprise when both the third graders and first graders shouted, "Surprise!" I *think* they bought it.
A few of the students' parents and my classroom aide, Amber, had planned and organized a sweet little party for the students and me. The buddies played a couple rounds of baby bingo, enjoyed cupcakes, and watched as I opened a few gifts from them. They presented me with a hilarious book of baby advice written by them along with an exersaucer and lots of books for the little ones!
Although it wasn't a true surprise, the shower was still a fun celebration of the babies that will soon make their debut!
 |
| What do you think? I'm thinking that I should change careers and become an actress. |
 |
Playing baby bingo
Side note: It was "Pajama Day" at school. However, I decided to dress more appropriately for the occasion. |
 |
| Opening the book of baby advice |
 |
| Reading a few pages of the book aloud |
 |
| The Twinkies received a couple cute outfits from a co-worker |
0 comments:
Post a Comment