Crafting can be a bitch sometimes. A real angry bitch. As much as I enjoy the hobby, I do find myself cursing some of the crafting projects that I decide to take on. This wreath was one such project.
About 3 1/2 weeks ago, our newest craft club member, Donelle, hosted a meeting at her house. She had chosen for us to make this summer dahlia wreath that she had found on Pinterest, of course. It looked simple enough, but I should have known better given my track record with fabric flowers. It's not easy - especially with a hot glue gun that delivers second-degree burns like mine does! After spending several hours eating, talking, and laughing with the craft club crew, I left Donelle's house with nothing but a foam wreath wrapped in yarn and a sorry attempt at a fabric dahlia, both of which found a home atop our dryer for several weeks.
After deciding to scrap my original "flower" in exchange for a fresh start at dahlias in colors to match our kitchen decor, I determined to finish the wreath during nap times on Friday. It took several nap times and a few hot glue gun burns, but I finally finished the wreath! It now hangs on our basement door, which Jim has the frequent tendency to leave open. Because it took me so long to create that damn wreath, I make sure to close the door just as frequently so that the whole world can see and appreciate it!
| I don't care to ever make fabric flowers again. |







0 comments:
Post a Comment