Today is our last full day in our Little Dutch House; tomorrow we will begin the return trip home to U.S. I should really be packing my suitcase right now, but, in the style of a true procrastinator, I'm not. Instead, I'm scrolling through pictures taken over the last few weeks of our stay in Holland and reminiscing about our experience.
I couldn't help but smile when I came across the following set of pictures, taken several weeks ago, when I bought the twins their very first ice cream cones. It was the week after our visitors had left us, and the twins and I were alone for a few days while Jim was in the U.K. on business. We needed a pick-me-up, and the ice cream cones that we bought at the local ice cream parlor did the trick!
I hope to enjoy many more ice cream cones with the twins this summer...in the USA!
 |
| The twins were so proud to have their own ice cream cones to hold. Will was showing his off to an older couple who was sitting on a bench nearby. |
 |
| They quickly got to eating their ice cream cones in two very different manners. |
 |
| Will attacked his cone from the bottom. (We'll have to work on his technique!) |
 |
| Maddie was much more conservative, and stuck with licking the ice cream off the top of her cone. She did win up with some in her hair, though! |
 |
| It didn't take long for the ice cream to begin melting...and dripping! |
 |
| She didn't seem to mind! |
 |
| This picture cracks me up! The woman who was sitting near us offered to stand behind me to try to get the twins to look up as they ate. Not wanting to offend her by refusing her offer, I agreed to allow her to try. This is the look that she got from Maddie. |
 |
| I was surprised that Maddie didn't complain about the ice cream dripping down the front of her shirt; she typically doesn't like messes! |
 |
| Shortly after this picture was taken, Will gave up on his cone. Such is his attention span. |
 |
| Maddie held on tightly to her cone and kept going, however. |
 |
| By this point, she had ice cream EVERYWHERE, and I didn't grab any napkins (of course). |
 |
| Will was running off his sugar high while I snapped a few more pictures of Maddie. |
 |
| Thankfully, I had a spare diaper in my bag, and was able to clean up most of the mess that we left behind with it. The twins went right into a bath when we got home, though! |
 |
| It was pure coincidence that Maddie was wearing this shirt that day, but it sure is "sweet" that she had it on for the pictures! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment