Sunday, December 28, 2014

Let It Snow!

I know that others may feel differently, but I would love a good snowfall.  Aside from the small amount that fell in mid-November, we haven't seen much snow since last January, when we were home from Holland and when it was too cold to enjoy.  We were able to play in November's snow a bit before it melted, but we are anxious for some new snow so that we can build a snowman, catch snowflakes, throw snowballs, and try out the twins' new sleds (Thanks, Grandma!).  Plus, I'd rather look at a yard filled with snow than one filled with mud. 

I'm sure that I'd feel differently about snow if we had lived here last winter...or if I had to drive in it. But, with days to fill, snow would provide us with some entertainment!

It doesn't look like I'll get my wish for snow this week.  Until my wish is granted, I will just have to reminisce about our fun in the snow last month!

The twins and I enjoyed several hours in the falling snow last month.  We caught snowflakes, made and threw snowballs, and marveled at the footprints that we made as we walked around our snowy court.

I adore this coat...and the boy who wears it.  

And that boy adores catching snowflakes!

So does this girl!

How can you deny the beauty of this scene?!?

Will wore this coat this morning when we took a short walk around the neighborhood.  He still looked adorable in it, of course, but it would have looked better with some snowflakes caught in the fur!

My snowy monkey girl

JOY

Giggles!

Happy Tired

Playing peek-a-boo in the evergreens

Maddie took her time coming in to the house.

Just as we were heading inside, the snow stopped falling and the sun broke free of the clouds, so, naturally, Will lay down on the driveway to sunbathe.

My two snow angels

That laugh...

Play hard, work hard.

Warming up with a little apple cider after a snowy hike

Who says sand toys are only for the beach?

 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures, feel like we are right there with them!!!!!

Post a Comment