Saturday, January 3, 2015

Frosty

Our winter wish came true this morning when we awoke to a fresh (though thin) layer of snow!  Will, Bailey and I promptly dressed for a short walk and were out the door, bound for the play system near the neighborhood's clubhouse.  Later, after warming up with some cider and coffee, we headed back outside to join Maddie in building a snowman.  Just to be clear, I did most of the building while Maddie and Will played in the yard, but they did help to put the finishing touches on our Frosty AND to serenade him with their version of "Frosty the Snowman".

Though he has since lost his buttons and most of his smile, Frosty remains standing tonight and will hopefully greet us in the morning when we will surely head back outside for more fun in the snow!

As soon as I had finished making the snowman, I invited Maddie and Will to add the pieces that would make him "Frosty".

We used a "Snowman Kit" that we once received for Christmas to decorate our snowman.


Will had the "honor" of placing the "corncob pipe" in Frosty's mouth.

Maddie helped to replace Frosty's carrot nose when it fell out of his face.

The twins held Frosty's hands and sang "Frosty the Snowman" to him.

When Frosty's pipe fell out of his mouth, Will was there to replace it.

Sharing a moment together :)

Putting Frosty's nose back in place...again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment