The first day of preschool is officially in the books! After much excitement and anticipation, the big day finally arrived, and the twins were ready to go! They were literally ready to go with quite a bit of time to spare before we needed to leave for their afternoon class; in fact, they lounged around watching an episode of Peppa Pig waiting for me to announce that it was time to leave! Will was actually "ready" to leave for preschool at 8:30 a.m. this morning, when he asked me if it was time to go to "peas-ghoul" for the first time. He continued to ask about our departure time over the course of the morning, and inquired if we were "there yet" as I backed out of the driveway!
Although we had no reason to believe that they would have difficulty separating from us when Jim and I left the twins in their new classroom, we simply didn't know what to expect. There were a couple times over the last few weeks when Maddie mentioned that she didn't want to go to preschool "alone", and Will has told me on a few occasions that he would miss me while at school. I knew *I* would probably shed some tears on their first day of school, but I didn't know exactly how the twins would behave.
We discovered that we had no reason to worry about the twins, as neither Maddie nor Will seemed to care when we left them in the classroom. Maddie actually tried to say "Goodbye" to me as we walked into the building! I was the only one crying when we left.
After Jim and I enjoyed lunch at a restaurant nearby and some quiet time at a local Starbucks, we returned to the twins' classroom to find them happily engaged in play. They were happy to see us, of course, but Will didn't want to leave. Maddie danced and twirled and gestured with excitement as she told us all about her afternoon, and she let us know a few times just how much fun preschool was. I think it's safe to say that their first day of school was a success. As their Mama and as a former teacher, I'm so relieved that today was a good one.
Hopefully, they'll remember just how much fun today was when they return for their second day of school, which isn't until next Wednesday! I have a feeling that I'll hear a lot of questions about when they can go back between now and then!












1 comments:
What an awesome post,my heart is feeling very full right now
Post a Comment