Monday, May 31, 2010

A Day in Door County

Jim and I spent Sunday at his parents' camper, which they recently moved from the Dells to Door County. After a fairly long (but easy) drive, we arrived to join Deb, Steve, Kristen, Chris, and Connor for some fun in the summer-like sun. While our late afternoon lunch was cooking, we talked, enjoyed a few cool drinks and some tasty snacks, and played a few riveting rounds of Swingball. Jim and Kristen were the team to beat, while I nearly took out a couple car windows with my tosses!

After a delicious lunch, we drove through the towns of Egg Harbor and Fish Creek to reach Wilson's Restaurant and Ice Cream Parlor in Ephraim. We all enjoyed our cones and dishes of ice cream as we sat on the Bay and took in the beautiful scenery.
Upon returning to the campsite, it was already time for Jim and I to hit the road once again. On the ride home, we agreed that we will need to return to Door County for a long weekend this summer. One day was just not enough.

0 comments:

Post a Comment