The Brewers opened their 2010 season with a loss against Colorado on April 5th. With Jim unable to take the day off, I took my mom to the game. Jim and I have been back to Miller Park four more times since the Brewers' Opening Day game, and the Crew has lost in every single game that we have attended. I have not seen a winning baseball game since the pre-season exhibition game that we attended on April 2nd. Adding insult to injury, most of the witnessed losses weren't even close. We were there when the Cubs slaughtered the Brewers 8-1, and two days later when the Brewers once again fell to the Cubs by a margin of 10 runs. This week, we saw the Crew lose to the Braves by 6 runs. Even minor league teams are losing at Miller Park when I'm there - the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers lost to the Kernels last Friday night.
Now, I realize that the Brewers have not played their best at home thus far this season; the chance of having seen a loss at Miller Park over the last two months is quite good. But,
still...0-5?!? If the Brewers continue to lose the games that we attend this season, Jim might think twice about taking me with him to the games. I just might be the reason that they're losing! I'm sure it has nothing to do the baseball that's being played on the field.







0 comments:
Post a Comment