Sunday, October 10, 2010

Farm Aid

Last Saturday, we joined thousands of others in taking in the Farm Aid concert at Miller Park.  Jim and I were lucky enough to have seats right on the field with a great view of the performers and a unique vantage point from which to experience Miller Park. 

Jim and I spent about 9 hours listening to and watching such legendary artists as John Mellencamp, Neil Young, Dave Matthews, and Willie Nelson.  Before these four Farm Aid founders performed, however, we were treated to sets from Norah Jones, Band of Horses, Jason Mraz, and Kenny Chesney among others.  Each artist performed for about 30 minutes before an intermission between sets, when the concourses filled with hungry and thirsty concert-goers.  Jim and I quickly learned to steer clear of the field level concourse, in fact, because of the throngs of people (from both the field seats and the field level stadium seats) waiting in lines.  We headed to the loge level for all of our bathroom and concession needs.  Miller Park must have made a killing in concession sales, by the way.  Hopefully, the good turnout will convince the Milwaukee Brewers to host more events at the ballpark in the future.

All of the performers sounded terrific, but my favorite performances of the night were from Band of Horses, Jason Mraz, and Dave Matthews.  I was grateful, though, to have the opportunity to see the other artists in concert (I can't imagine that Willie Nelson will be performing that much longer.). 

I captured some of my favorite moments from the concert on video...













0 comments:

Post a Comment