I'm back! I realize just how long it's been since I presented you with a new recipe. I do apologize. Today's recipe is for a skillet meal that's very similar to Sandra Lee's Baked Jambalaya. It is easy to throw together and cooks quickly. It is perfect for a weeknight meal! Thanks, Chris, for sharing this one with me!
Recipe for: Creole-Style Skillet Dinner
From: http://www.bettycrocker.com/ (via Chris)
Ingredients:
1 medium onion, chopped (3/4 cup)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 lb. fully cooked kielbasa sausage, cut lengthwise into fourths, sliced
3 large tomatoes, chopped (2 1/2 cups)
1 cup Progresso chicken broth (from 32 oz. carton)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
Red pepper sauce, if desired
Directions:
1. Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper to skillet. Cover; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring once, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
2. Stir in kielbasa, tomatoes, brother, salt, and Cajun seasoning. Heat to boiling; stir in rice. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with fork before serving. Serve with pepper sauce.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment