Sunday, October 24, 2010

Good Eats: Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins

Last Sunday, I was Little Miss Domestic! First, I prepared a delicious dinner. Then, I whipped up a batch of these pumpkin apple streusel muffins to have on hand for breakfast during the week!

The recipe comes from the White Lace Inn Bed and Breakfast in Sturgeon Bay. Jim and I have stayed there twice - first on our honeymoon, and five years later on our anniversary. During each stay, we enjoyed fantabulous breakfasts. Many of the recipes for the breakfast treats served at the Inn are published on the B&B's website. I have already featured the Inn's recipes for their Door County Cherry Muffins and their Banana Chocolate Muffins.You can find today's Good Eats recipe among many others at www.whitelaceinn.com. Enjoy!

Recipe for: Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins
From: White Lace Inn

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 15 oz. can solid-pack pumpkin
3 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 oz. cream cheese
2 cups peeled and chopped apples

Streusel Topping:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, vegetable oil, and pumpkin. Combine with flour mixture.
3. Microwave cream cheese till soft and blend with flour and pumpkin mixture. Fold in the chopped apples.
4. Fill muffin liners 3/4 full and sprinkle tops with streusel topping. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Makes approximately 18 muffins.

0 comments:

Post a Comment