Sunday, April 26, 2009

Good Eats: Banana Chocolate Muffins

Because I did not post a Good Eats recipe last Sunday, I am posting two recipes today. Both of these recipes are for muffins and come from the White Lace Inn, the bed and breakfast that Jim and I stayed in during our honeymoon and then again on a return trip five years later.

A homemade breakfast is served in the main house of the White Lace Inn each morning. The meals were always delicious! Every afternoon, Jim and I walked to the main house for freshly squeezed lemonade and warm chocolate chip cookies.
This first muffin recipe is my favorite of the two. These muffins are good for breakfast, dessert, or for a snack!

Recipe for: Banana Chocolate Muffins
From : White Lace Inn, Sturgeon Bay, WI

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
6 bananas
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 - 7 oz. chopped Hershey bar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, sift together the four and baking soda. Stir in the sugar, oil, vanilla, and eggs.
2. In a separate bowl, mash the bananas, add to the sugar, oil, vanilla, and eggs mixture, and beat gently. Fold all into the flour mixture.
3. Next stir the chocolate chunks into batter.
4. Pour batter into muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Makes approximately 24 muffins.

0 comments:

Post a Comment