Sunday, April 19, 2009

On Our Way to Paradise

We left for paradise by way of the windy city on Easter Sunday. We left our house early in the morning to insure that we arrived to O'Hare on time. Due to little traffic, we reached the airport earlier than we had expected, and found time to eat lunch at Macaroni Grill (When will we get a Macaroni Grill?).
During lunch, I thought I spotted Christian, winner of Season 4 of Project Runway (pictured above), walking down the terminal. (It just isn't a vacation without the spotting of a pseudo-celebrity!) After lunch, we walked in the direction that Christian had been headed to verify if it had indeed been him that I had spotted. We found him and a (boy)friend sitting at a gate waiting for a flight to New York. It looked as though they were having an argument. I thought about approaching Christian and requesting a picture, but figured that he'd call my outfit "a hot mess". I spared myself the embarassment and moved on.
Jim and I noticed many a pillar wrapped with support for Chicago's bid as the host city for the 2016 summer Olympics. If Chicago is chosen as the location for the Olympics, the nearby Milwaukee area will surely benefit. The final decision on the city that hosts the 2016 games won't be made until October, but until then, you can show your support for the candidate city at www.chicago2016.org

Once aboard our plane, we kicked back and relaxed with some refreshments and a spectacular view of Chicago from above.


1 comments:

dria said...

I love the "pseudo-celebrity" spotting! When we were in Lake Tahoe a few years ago, I saw Ryan and Trista of Bachelorette fame at the airport, then again at the triathlon Chris was competing in. I can't tell you how much I freaked out!

Post a Comment