Jim and I were responsible for providing dessert to our fellow tailgaters on Opening Day. I prepared two desserts: gooey soda cracker bars and these crunchy cherry chippers. Both were quite yummy, and made for an excellent finish to our tailgate meal.
The recipe for the crunchy cherry chippers follows. Because the cookies are coated in Wheaties, feel free to have the cookies for breakfast! (I did!)
Recipe for: Crunchy Cherry Chippers
From: Pillsbury Easy Meals
Ingredients:
1 roll (18 oz.) Pillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries, well drained
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 cups Wheaties cereal, coarsely crushed
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Pat cherries dry with paper towels. Gently stir cherries and flour into dough.
2. Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls into cereal crumbs; coat well, pressing cereal into dough. Shape into balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Sounds scrumptious! Yummy for yo' tummy!
I'm going to go through your blog withdrawals...
Post a Comment