Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Bullied

Boy, were the kids mean to me today!  This morning, my students were completing antonym books when I stopped to check in with two of my students, Elliana and Nischal.  Elliana had written the antonym pair 'pretty' and 'ugly' in her book.  Naturally, I asked her if she would be drawing a picture of me under the word 'pretty'.  She responded by laughing, which was hurtful enough - but then Nischal told Elliana that she should draw my picture under 'ugly'!  To quote Stephanie Tanner, "How rude!" 

It only got worse...during writer's workshop this afternoon, McKenna showed me the following picture that she had drawn of me:


As Jim said, "Where are the rest of the Supremes?"  Nice, huh?  The funny thing is that I haven't been wearing my hair curly to school lately - my hair has lost its curl once again.  Apparently, McKenna remembers my curly hair well.

I would say that today's instances of bullying hurt my feelings, but they provided both me and my students with a good laugh!

2 comments:

Mtbkr said...

OMG Becky, that was the hardest I laughed all day...too funny. What's even funnier, is when I looked at the picture, I immediately thought...Diana Ross! And then, I continued reading and saw Jim's comment...wow!

Jennifer said...

that got both James and I laughing!!!

Post a Comment