Let me tell you a sad story. Two years ago on Oscar Sunday, Jim and I decided that we would start a new tradition by ordering appetizers from Chin's to nosh on during the awards show. We thought it would become our own little thing, y'know? Flash forward just a few short weeks: Chin's closed, and our hopes at continuing our tradition were dashed.
I couldn't tell you what we ate during the Oscars last year (I just remember that I kicked Jim's butt in our Oscar competition!), but, thanks to the Pioneer Woman, I just may have found the dish that we can look forward to eating during the Oscars year after year - Drip Beef sandwiches!
Although the beef did not shred as easily as I would have hoped, the beef was so juicy and tasty! The sandwiches paired nicely with roasted potatoes, also courtesy of the PW (Seriously, what would I do if this woman hadn't come into my life?).
Jim and I didn't make any wagers on the Oscars this year - I'm still waiting for him to eat the yogurt that he vowed to eat if he lost last year! However, you can bet that we'll be making this recipe again!
Recipe for: Italian Drip Beef
From: http://thepioneerwoman.com/
Ingredients:
1 whole beef chuck roast, 2.5 to 4 lbs.
1 can beef consomme or beef broth
3 tablespoons (heaping) Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
1/2 jar (16 oz.) pepperoncini peppers, with juice
Buttered, toasted deli rolls
Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a heavy pot or dutch oven. Stir lightly to combine seasoning with the liquid.
2. Cover and bake in a 275 degree oven for 5 to 6 hours, or until meat is fork tender and falling apart. *If meat is not yet tender, return to oven for 30 minutes intervals until its tender.
3. Remove from oven. With two forks, completely shred all meat, leaving no large chunks behind. Serve immediately, or keep warm over a simmer on the stove.
4. May make the day before, then store in the refrigerator. Remove the hardened fat from the top before reheating.
5. Serve on buttered, toasted rolls. Top with cheese and melt under the broiler if desired. Serve with juices from the pot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment