I got all crafty up in this house tonight! With report cards FINALLY out of the way (I hate those things!), I was able to concentrate on making these St. Patrick's Day treat bags:
Aren't they cute? Of course, mine didn't turn out nearly as adorable as the ones that I found at it is what it is:
I didn't have the scallop punch to use for cutting the tag, and I couldn't seem to fit more than 4 ropes of licorice in each bag.
To make your own treat bags, visit it is what it is for the printable tag, fill a pretzel bag (purchased at Michael's) with rainbow-colored licorice ropes and gold foil-wrapped chocolate coins, close the bag with a staple and affix the tag with tape, and Voila!
Lessons learned from this project: Chocolate coins can be difficult to find at a reasonable price! I shopped at several stores only to find small, overpriced bags of chocolate coins! After buying a bunch of gold foil-wrapped Rolos, I thought that I would simply use those in place of the coins, when what should I stumble upon at Pick n' Save but a large bag of chocolate coins selling for just $5.00! Also learned: Rainbow-colored Twizzlers taste like barf.
I will choose the lucky recipients of these treat bags on Thursday, when I have been scheduled to pull students' tickets (Our students earn blue tickets for good behavior.) to reward them with a prize. I hope that they like them (and also appreciate the work that went into them)!
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
I saw those too! You did great..I think they look awesome!
Post a Comment