Today marks the twins' 1-month birthday! Since they were welcomed into the world four weeks ago, they have experienced one first after another - first car ride, first doctor's visit, first tummy time session, first baths, first photo shoot, first walk, and even their first trip to Target and to the Starbucks drive-through window! As I snapped pictures of them today, I thought about just how quickly the last month has gone in spite of the fact that I haven't really gone anywhere or done anything outside of the house in over a month. My life has literally become a continuous cycle of feedings, diaper changes, pumping sessions, and tummy time!
While the babies have certainly taken the cake when it comes to "firsts", their mommy and daddy have experienced their own "firsts" during their first month of life. The last month has brought all sorts of change to our lives - gone are the days of full nights of sleep, uninterrupted meals, clean clothes, evenings out on the town, and spare time. Yet Jim and I have gladly traded all of that in for the two little peanuts that have brought so much love (and spit-up) to our lives.
As I look at the pictures taken today, it is clear that Maddie and Will have already grown and changed so much since their birthday a month ago (Just check out those chubby cheeks on Maddie!). I am anxious to see what changes their second month of life brings! Happy birthday, babies!
 |
| Strapped in and snuggly for their first car ride! |
 |
| Maddie's first sponge bath |
 |
| Will's first sponge bath |
 |
| One of the first tummy time sessions |
 |
| TTT (Twin Tummy Time) |
 |
| First trip to the doctor (and afterwards, to the hospital for the awful bilirubin test and lots of comments from old people) |
 |
| One of the first play time sessions |
 |
| One of the first lounging sessions |
 |
| One of the first silly faces from our little girl |
 |
| One of the first smiles from our little boy |
 |
| Will's first tie |
 |
| Our first Mother's Day |
0 comments:
Post a Comment