Looking for an easy, delicious meal that even a mother of infant twins with little time to spare can manage to prepare? Look no further! I whipped up this crockpot casserole last Sunday afternoon while Jim was entertaining the babies, but I could have easily saved this for a weekday meal and prepared it while the babies were napping.
When I told Jim what I was making for dinner, he told me that I can't go wrong with any meal that includes tots. When he later looked in the crockpot and saw that the casserole also included bacon, he was beside himself! We enjoyed the casserole for dinner that night, and then I ate it for lunch the next two days. Yum!
Recipe for: Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
From: The Country Cook (via Pinterest)
Ingredients:
1 (32 oz.) bag
frozen tater tots
1 (3 oz.) bag bacon
pieces
1
pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
2 cups shredded cheddar
cheese
3/4 cup
milk
Salt
& pepper, to taste
Directions:
1. Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Layer half of the frozen tater tots on the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the bacon pieces. Now top with 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
3. Add diced chicken on top. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Now add 1/3 of the bacon pieces and another 1/3 of shredded cheese.
5. Put the rest of the frozen tater tots on top.
6. Finish with the remaining 1/3 cheddar cheese and remaining 1/3 of bacon pieces.
7. Pour 3/4 cup milk all over the top.
8. Cover and cook on low about 4 to 6 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Mmmm. That sounds good! It sounded similar to the Duggar family tater tot recipe but it's not (this sounds better). But, from the Duggar blog I discovered that you and Jim have the same anniversary as Michelle and Jim Bob. Bet you're excited to know that, huh?
Post a Comment