On Saturday, Jim, the twins, and I participated in the Walk for Hope in honor of baby Grace. Grace, daughter of friends Cheryl and Tony, died just hours after birth due to complications caused by vasa previa. Four years later, Cheryl and Tony invited family and friends to walk along Milwaukee's lakefront in Grace's memory.
Although the heat forced us to head for home as soon as the walk ended, it didn't keep us from enjoying the walk through Lakeshore State Park in the company of friends. Jim and I decided that we'd like to return to the park again (on a cooler day) for more walks with the kiddos.
My heart broke for Cheryl and Tony when they lost Grace, but I would like to think that she was smiling down on her family and friends as we walked for her on Saturday.
| The walk was preceded by a balloon launch. |
| The babies slept through the event...until we stopped walking and they realized they were hungry. |
| What a beautiful day to remember a little angel! |







0 comments:
Post a Comment