You've heard me proclaim our love for the crock pot before, and today I'm back to once again sing the praises of the slow cooker. With Jim in the Netherlands and with my mom and mother in-law assisting me at home last week, I thought that it may be wise to take advantage of the support at home and to put together some meals that could be frozen and thawed for an easy weeknight meal...because it ain't so easy to find the time to cook these days!
After my mom and I paid a visit to the local Pick n' Save on Sunday, I was prepared to make double batches of several recipes throughout the course of the week. Our freezer is now stocked with Salsa Chicken, Tomato Parmesan Soup, Honey Sesame Chicken, and this Cream Cheese Chicken Chili. Deb threw this together while I entertained the babies last Wednesday. I enjoyed a few spoonfuls of the chili before allowing it to cool and then freezing it. The chili will make a perfect meal for a chilly (Ha! Get it?!?) fall evening.
Now the babies just need to stay asleep so that we might be able to enjoy the chili without interruptions!
Recipe for: Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
From: Rita's Recipes (via Pinterest)
Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, still frozen
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can corn kernels, do not drain
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 pkg. Ranch dressing mix
1 T cumin
1 t chili powder
1 t onion powder
1 8-oz pkg. cream cheese
Directions:
1. Put the chicken in the crock pot.
2. Top with the tomatoes, corn, drained and rinsed beans, ranch dressing, cumin, onion and chili powders, and then stir to combine. Then top with the cream cheese.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring one or twice to blend in the cheese.
4. Shred the chicken into large pieces and serve over rice.
*Here's a tip that I learned from my friend Veronica - instead of shredding chicken with two forks, use a hand mixer! It works perfectly and requires little effort!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
I have this recipe set aside as one I was gonna make too!
Post a Comment