If you know my husband, you know that the man likes him some wings. One could even go as far to say that he is a connosseuir of wings. I'm fully convinced that if he were left on his own, he would consume nothing but wings and beer. With a Buffalo Wild Wings (or, as us Olds call it, BW3's) just minutes away, he very well could achieve such a feat!
It recently came to my attention that Jim often opts to slather wing sauce on foods other than wings - brats, sandwiches, casseroles. He told me that it tastes great on anything, no matter the food. Because of his affection for the condiment, I often search for recipes that call for it. I, myself, have grown to enjoy the buffalo flavor every now and then, but I am a weakling in comparison to Jim when it comes to my ability to handle heat. He would probably like it if I kicked the spice up a notch when cooking with buffalo sauce, but I just can't do it. Mild is my limit, so mild is what he gets.
I had pinned the following recipe in my search for crockpot meals, as they have become about the only meal that we make around here! As a crockpot meal that called for buffalo sauce, required little effort to put together, and would yield enough food for several meals, it was a dish that sounded right up our alley!
The meal did not disappoint, though I did make a small change to the recipe. Knowing just how much Jim loves his buffalo sauce, I doubled the amount used in the dish. Having read the reviews online, I knew to expect that the chili would be more of a soup. I made grilled cheese sandwiches to accompany the soup...er, chili, which helped to soften the blow of the buffalo sauce for me.
Buffalo sauce for the Husband, an easy meal with leftovers to freeze for me. Everyone wins!
Recipe for: Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili
From: www.pillsbury.com (by way of Pinterest)
Ingredients:
2 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces *
1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
2 medium stalks celery, sliced (about 1 cup)
2 medium carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
1 cup chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce (from 12-oz jar) **
Crumbled blue cheese, if desired***
*I used boneless skinless chicken breasts.
**I added 1/2 cup of original buffalo wing sauce. For extra heat, you could add more.
***You definitely will desire.
Directions:
1. Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix all ingredients except buffalo wing sauce and cheese.
2. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
3. Stir in buffalo wing sauce. Serve sprinkled with blue cheese.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment