Friday, December 13, 2013

No Nap? No Problem!

The sun shines so rarely here that when it does, it is celebrated and documented.  Most of our days here have been dark and damp.  If the sun does happen to shine, it often does so for just a few minutes before resuming its place behind the clouds.  I've learned that when the weather forecast predicts a "partly sunny" afternoon, it usually means that we will be graced with  exactly 14 1/2 minutes of sunshine.  

So, today, like last Friday, was a true rarity - a SUNNY day...a whole, livelong day of SUNLIGHT!  (I'm beginning to think that the sun only shines like this on Fridays...that would be weird, huh?)  And, of course, because it isn't often that we see it, it had to be documented.  Maddie hasn't been taking as long of a nap as I'd prefer her to take lately, but today, I didn't mind that she awoke early, for I was able to take pictures of her playing in the beautiful sunlight that was streaming into our Little Dutch House!  

When I showed Jim these pictures, he told me that even HE took a picture of the sun today.  

Tomorrow's forecast is calling for light rain in the morning followed by a party cloudy afternoon.  You know what that means.  

I'm glad that we documented the sunshine today.  We probably won't see it here until we return from our trip home!













1 comments:

Mtbkr said...

Maddie reminds me of dakota sometimes...her hair is getting really long!

Post a Comment