Friday, February 28, 2014

Project 365: February


While we certainly continue to miss our family, friends, and home, we definitely do not miss the snow and cold that has plagued Wisconsin for months.  I was hopeful that we would see just a little snow while we were living here, but I've moved on past that wish now that we've had a taste of warmer temperatures.  It was so warm and sunny this month that we busted out the sidewalk chalk and bubbles, took numerous walks to the mailboxes and back, and ditched our winter coats for puffy vests!  We've been told that it has been an extremely unusual, mild winter for the area and that we should consider ourselves lucky.  We definitely do!
 
There's no doubt that if we had spent the month at home, my pictures from the month would look very different.  Who knows?  I may have even given up!  There's only so many pictures you can take when you're stuck inside! 
 
This month, I tried shooting from some different angles to achieve new perspectives.  I spent more time thinking about the composition of my pictures.  I still haven't opened that big scary book about editing pictures using Lightroom, but I did read a couple books about photographing young children. 
 
My photography goals for the month of March are to get a better hold on white balance, to organize and back up my pictures, and to open up and read that damn book. 
 































0 comments:

Post a Comment