Monday, July 27, 2015

Raspberry Picking

A little less than 2 weeks ago, I decided to take the twins raspberry picking for the first time.  Picking strawberries is always so much fun and is such an inexpensive activity that I thought we'd give raspberry picking a go.  

It was a bit more challenging for the kiddos to reach some of the ripe berries than it is for them to pick strawberries, and I did need to school them on plucking the fruit GENTLY from the bush so as to avoid crushing the berries, but we had a successful outing, bringing home enough berries for us to snack on for the next few days AND surviving a trip to the Porta-Potty with a potty training little girl IN OVERALLS.  

We'll definitely head out to the raspberry field again next year, but we'll need to "check our potties" before we go!

Maddie got right to work picking berries and filling her bucket!



Will had the height that Maddie lacked to pick berries near the top of the bush.


On her way to filling her bucket!


If I hadn't kept a better eye on her, she would have gotten lost in those bushes!  I often saw only legs and pigtails when I looked over at her!


Time to eat!

Yum!

We had to pick some more berries to replenish those that they ate from their buckets here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment