I was pleased enough with that first Fix to sign up for another last fall. I kept just one item from that shipment. I gave Stitch Fix one more try last winter, received a dud of a box, and decided to give the service a break, vowing to simply get out to shop more on my own.
However, anyone with young children can attest to the lack of time and energy that shopping requires. Months after my last fix, I hadn't bought any clothing for myself that wasn't hurriedly thrown into my shopping cart while passing through Target with the twins. Last week, I decided to give Stitch Fix another try, and scheduled my fourth Fix, which landed on my doorstep yesterday afternoon.
After the disappointment of my third Fix, I was nervous to see what I would find in my box this time around, but I was pleasantly surprised! Jess, the stylist assigned to fill my requests for this Fix, clearly understood what I was looking for; she even referred to one of the tops that I had recently pinned to a Pinterest board (You can provide social media user names to give the stylists a better idea of your style.). I will definitely keep at least one, but possibly two, of the items, and I am motivated to try the service again this fall.
I swore that I would never do this, but in the interest of sharing the experience with all 7 of my readers, I tried on each of the 5 items that I received in yesterday's shipment, struck a pose (I even put my hands on my hips like all the young girls like to do!), and captured some selfies while the twins were protesting naptime earlier this afternoon. Yesterday's Fix contained the following:
Cresson Knit Top by Papermoon, $38
I was most excited about this top because it looks exactly like something that I would buy if I found it in the store (and by "the store", I mean Target). I had requested some long-sleeved, lightweight tops to provide sun coverage for my fair and freckly arms, and this is perfect. It definitely requires that a tank be worn underneath, but that's no problem for me!
VERDICT: KEPT
***A QUICK DISCLAIMER BEFORE WE CONTINUE***
I am not nearly as skinny as these images would have you believe. Setting up these selfie shots was more challenging than I expected; the only way I could figure out how to get the pictures without asking a three year old to assist or lugging my tripod out of the closet was to sit my cell phone on a hook on my closet door and set the timer. I do like how thin its placement made me look, though. From now on, I am going to travel with a ladder and request that others climb it to get a more flattering view of me.
Moni Geo Print & Camisole Blouse by 41Hawthorn, $58
When I initially pulled this blouse out of the box yesterday, I was a bit skeptical of how it would look on me. I'm not one to wear orange, and I wasn't sure about the "studs" on the front and sleeves of the shirt. When I tried it on, though, I found that it wasn't quite as revolting as I feared it might be on me. I'm still not certain about those studs; they look a bit like the studs on one of our leather chairs. The shirt fits fairly well across the chest and in the sleeves, but it's a bit tight at the waist. I have until tomorrow to decide whether or not to send it back, but I'm leaning towards returning it. It's not cheap; I'd want to really like it to spend that money.
VERDICT: UNDECIDED (Will, however, told me that he likes the shirt when I tried it on for him yesterday. When I said I wasn't sure, he told me that it was a "fun" shirt!)
Filbert 3/4 Sleeve Popover Blouse by 41Hawthorn, $58
I'm pretty sure that I received this shirt in a previous shipment, and while I love the color and the style, the fit is off for me. I believe that I had tried this shirt on in a Large in the fall or winter, and found it to be too baggy on me. This time, I received a Medium, and it's just a bit too snug in the chest and waist/hips. I can't justify keeping it for the price if the fit isn't right.
VERDICT: RETURNED
Spencer Striped Jersey Dress by Market & Spruce, $54
When I scheduled my Fix and sent a note to the stylist that would fill the order, I had requested a casual summer skirt to wear in lieu of shorts. In her note to me, Jess (the stylist) indicated that they did not have any casual skirts at the moment. I find that to be a bit strange...they don't have ANY casual skirts in my size/style?!? This dress had the potential to be a good substitute; it is super comfy and casual enough to wear while out with the kids. The stripes, though! The pattern at the top of the dress was very flattering, but the bottom of the dress did nothing for my big birthing hips...except accentuate their size! The dress is a tad too short for my liking as well.
VERDICT: RETURNED
Tessa Lace Detail Dress by Le Lis, $74
Jim and I rarely get out these days, but we are going to be going out for dinner twice next week to celebrate our 14th anniversary and my mom's 70th birthday. I had requested that my stylist send a dress or skirt to wear for an evening out, and sent this striped number. I like this dress; it's comfortable and fits well and has a flirty pleated skirt, but I'm just not sure that I like it enough to keep it.
VERDICT; UNDECIDED
Stitch Fix allows three days to check out and return those items that you do not wish to keep. For each Fix that you receive, you pay a $20 styling fee that is deducted from the cost of any items that you buy. If you choose to return all items, you would lose that $20 fee. If you would choose to keep all items in your box, a 25% discount is applied to your total.
If you would like to check Stitch Fix out for yourself, please consider using this link so that I receive referral credit: https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3938180
What do you think? Should I keep that orange blouse? What about that striped dress?







2 comments:
I like your camera angle! Actually every piece looked great but I understand not wanting to keep something that doesn't fit well. You'll never pull that out to wear so don't bother. The orange color is really nice on you so I say keep that one and I also like the stripped dress.
Striped dress - Yes! You look adorable, and you could wear that for more than just a dinner out. The orange shirt is a keeper as well. I agree with Will; it is fun. But, if you are only going to keep one...Striped dress.
Post a Comment