Monday, August 29, 2016

An Afternoon at Riveredge Nature Center (*A Local Outings Blog Circle*)

As we prepare to send Maddie and Will off to 4K in just a little under a week, I am making a rapidly growing list of projects to tackle while they are in school each afternoon.  Two hours and 45 minutes doesn't sound like much time to some, but after having virtually NO uninterrupted time for so long, I feel like I could conquer the world in two hours and 45 minutes!  In reality, though, I'm probably looking at 2 hours of time between pick-up and drop-off each day, but a girl can dream, can't she?

One of the projects that I *hope* to have time to take on is this here blog.  The last time I posted here was in late May, for crying out loud!  I've also been meaning to create a real, bonafide photography blog for a while now, and that clearly has not happened yet.  I'm hopeful that participating in blog circles like this one will motivate me to invest more time in the blog!

Earlier in the month, the twins and I paid a visit to our second favorite nature center, Riveredge Nature Center in Saukville.  It's a bit of a drive for us, but completely worth it!  We spent the afternoon climbing in and out of the tree house while playing a game of "Magic Treehouse", hiking around the pond and "fishing" for fish and frogs using makeshift fishing poles, relaxing in (and fallingout of) a cozy hammock, and swinging on a tire swing!  After enjoying ourselves as much as we did there, we vowed to return at least once every summer, and to try to get back there this fall.

After taking a look at the pictures that I took during our visit, please click on the link at the very bottom of the post to see what others in our blog circle have been up to this month!























To continue around our blog circle, please visit the blog of Krystle Ricci, Perth Family Photographer.

3 comments:

Jasmine Keath said...

What a wonderfully simple outing. Love his face at the end!

Unknown said...

Wow that place looks amazing. Kids looked like they were having a ball. Awesome!

Unknown said...

The swing shot is amazing!!!

Post a Comment