Jim and I celebrated Thanksgiving with both of our families yesterday. We joined Jim's family at Grandma Joan's house for lunch. After the meal, the boys cheered for the Packers and celebrated their victory while the girls gabbed over grandma's scrumptious pies. Baby Connor delighted all of us with his giggles, and was subjected to posing for picture after picture.Just as our stomachs were beginning to settle, we returned to our own home to help my mom put the finishing touches on what would be our second Thanksgiving meal. We joined my family in enjoying a meal that was just as delicious as our first. Dakota entertained us throughout the meal and afterwards as well. Dakota and I had fun chasing Bailey, reading books, and playing hide-and-seek until it was time for Dakota to go home.
After my family had left, Jim made a fire in our fireplace. As we relaxed near the fire, I reflected on our day and all that we could be thankful for: TWO families with whom to celebrate, TWO Thanksgiving meals, a warm and wonderful home, our health and general good looks (of course), successful careers, a silly dog that makes our lives more entertaining, and the love that we have for each other. We are truly blessed. For that, I am thankful.








0 comments:
Post a Comment