
A couple months ago, The Nielsen Company (of Nielsen TV Ratings) sent us a TV research survey along with 2 dollars to complete the short questionnaire and return it. Jim didn't want anything to do with the survey, but I answered the few questions, pocketed my 2 dollars, and sent the survey back to The Nielsen Company all in the hopes that we would be selected as a Nielsen household.
The people at the The Nielsen Company must have liked what they saw on our survey because yesterday, we received three Nielsen TV Ratings Viewing Diaries, directions for completing the diaries, and 30 dollars for filling out the logs for a week and returning them to the company.
Starting tomorrow, then, our directive is to record all of the television programs that we watch over the next week. We received three diaries for the three televisions that we had in our home at the time at which the initial survey was completed. Since then, we have moved one of our televisions to the basement, which means that we'll only need to record programs watched on two televisions.
Now, I could keep the $30 and do nothing with the diaries, but I'm guessing that the company would never contact us again. And remember, my dream is for our home to selected as a Nielsen household! I have often looked at the Nielsen ratings and wondered who they have watching television for them. It is about time that my voice and viewing preferences be heard!
I plan on taking my duty very seriously over the next week. Between all of the television watching and the diary keeping, I don't think I'll have much time for much else! Such is the life of a television addict!







1 comments:
Summer is a bad time for a tv diary. Maybe they will ask you again in the fall when all the new shows start again.
Post a Comment