Sunday, June 27, 2010

Good Eats: Strawberry Whipped Sensation Dessert


Yesterday, I was able to convince Jim to accompany me to the Cedarburg Strawberry Festival. While I have been visiting Cedarburg for the Strawberry Festival with my mom for years, Jim had always stayed behind. After experiencing the festival for the first time yesterday, Jim believes that the festival should be re-named. For years, he had thought that the festival was solely a celebration of strawberries. In reality, the festival is like any other; although strawberries receive top billing, the festival is as much about eating, drinking, music, people-watching, and shopping as any other summer festival.

In honor of one my favorite festivals, then, today's Good Eats recipe stars strawberries. I, myself, have never made this dessert, but I had the pleasure of tasting it when Veronica presented me with two slices after I babysat her daughter Samara last week. The dessert looked so delicious that I was tempted to eat both slices myself, but I reluctantly shared a slice with Jim. The dessert was yummy, and from the looks of the recipe, it looks pretty easy to make, too!
Recipe for: Strawberry Whipped Sensation Dessert
Ingredients:
4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
8 OREO Cookies, finely chopped
1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions:
1. Line 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with foil, with ends extending over sides of pan. Mash 2 cups berries in large bowl. Add milk, juice, and 2 cups COOL WHIP; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
2. Mix chopped cookies and butter; spoon over COOL WHIP mixture. Cover with ends of foil; gently press cookie mixture into COOL WHIP mixture. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
3. Invert dessert onto plate when ready to serve; remove pan and foil. Frost dessert with remaining COOL WHIP. Slice remaining berries; arrange over dessert.

0 comments:

Post a Comment