Our Halloween weekend was capped off with trick-or-treating festivities last night. Sue and Dakota joined Jim, Bailey, and I in passing out treats to children dressed as firefighters, witches, video game characters, and as Ghostbusters (my favorite costumes of the evening).
Sue and Dakota pulled up to our house shortly after trick-or-treaters began hunt for candy, candy, and more candy. It was a treat for us to see Dakota in her purple dinosaur costume, and a joy for Dakota to see Bailey in his hot dog costume. Dakota posed for quite a few pictures, helped to give candy to costumed trick-or-treaters, and assisted in calming Bailey down when he began to "freak out" (Dakota's words) because a couple neighborhood dogs ran away from their home.
So many children stopped at our house for candy in the first hour that I became worried that we would run out of candy. I thought that we'd need to pass out pennies! As it turned out, most of the trick-or-treaters happened to come earlier in the evening than later, so we had plenty of candy left over in the end - candy that I took to school today so as to avoid eating it here at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment