Sunday, January 9, 2011

Good Eats: Restaurant Style Smashed Potatoes

Until a few weeks ago, I had never heard of The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond...and then, I discovered her website and blog by way of Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour (I know, I know - you're so sick and tired of me writing about that blog.).  I'm not being dramatic when I say that my world has been forever changed - simply by this recipe alone!  Seriously, these are some gooooood potatoes - and I know my potatoes (any Burch does).  You've GOT to try them.  Do it.  Do it now.  And while you're at it, check out The Pioneer Woman's website and blog:  http://thepioneerwoman.com/

Recipe for:  Restaurant Style Smashed Potatoes
From:  The Pioneer Woman

Ingredients:
5 whole large red potatoes (I used 6)
1 stick butter, softened and cut into pieces
5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 whole green onions, sliced
3/4 cup sour cream
Salt to taste (add plenty!)
Freshly ground black pepper to taste (ditto!)
3/4 cup French Fried Onions, More for topping

Directions:
1.  Microwave potatoes or bake in the oven until fork-tender.  Add to a large bowl and smash with a potato masher.
2.  Immediately add softened butter, green onions, bacon, and sour cream and stir with a rubber spatula.
3.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Add french fried onions and fold in.
4.  Serve hot, sprinkling on extra french fried onions and green onions.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

OMG, you JUST found Pioneer woman? Be prepared to be amazed by all of her wonderful recipes....they are so delicious. I also have her book/cookbook and would whole-heartedly recommend it! YUMM!!! Try her chicken pot pie recipe! SO good! Damn, now I'm hungry!

Shelly said...

I'm also a fan of Pioneer Woman. I haven't tried any of the recipes yet though.

Post a Comment