Jim and I hosted our first party of sorts in our finished basement on New Year's Eve, when Chris and Mike joined us in ringing in 2011. After giving them the grand tour, we broke in our new bar with glasses of wine, bottles of beer, and a few shots made with the guidance of Jim's new bartending book (a gift from Chris and Mike). We noshed on yummy appetizers, played a round of an outdated Taboo, and watched a little New Year's Rockin' Eve.
And then...things got a little out of hand. I broke open a bag of party favors (which I was inexplicably carded for when I bought them at Target) and suddenly, everyone got slightly stoopid! Chris and Mike were dancing along with the New Kids, Jim was jumping around, Bailey put on a silly mask, and I couldn't stop giggling!
Laughter and fun - what a perfect way to bid farewell to 2010 and welcome 2011!
 |
| Chris and Mike approve of the renovated basement |
 |
| Jim and Chris down shots behind the bar |
 |
| Bailey was the party pooper of the night |
 |
| Chris and Mike smile for the camera in their party wear while Jim jumps in the background |
 |
| I roused Bailey from his slumber to torture him with a party mask - he wasn't too happy with me. |
 |
| Jim gets CRAZY! |
 |
| Chris sings along with the New Kids on the Block |
0 comments:
Post a Comment