Last weekend, we celebrated an early Father's Day with a cook-out for Jim's family at our house. As we planned the menu for the event, I was in search of a pasta salad that I could serve alongside the burgers and hot dogs. I happened upon this one at Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour. I don't know who Jill is, but she makes a damn tasty pasta salad! I'm such a sucker for any combination of tomato and basil - yum!
This salad makes a great side to any summer barbecue or an awesome entree by itself! It tasted best after it had chilled in the refrigerator overnight.
Recipe for: Jill's Tomato Basil Pasta Salad
From: Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour
Ingredients:
1 box bowtie/farfalle pasta
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Fresh basil, sliced into small strips
Fresh garlic to taste, pressed/crushed (I used 5 cloves)
Grape tomatoes, halved
Feta Cheese (Tomato and Basil)
Sea salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Directions:
1. Cook pasta according to package. Meanwhile, slice the basil into thin strips.
2. Drain pasta and transfer to large bowl.
3. Add feta cheese, basil, garlic, and grape tomatoes.
4. Pour in the olive oil and toss to coat. Add sea salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
5. Store in refrigerator overnight and serve chilled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment