Monday, November 21, 2011

Pom Pom Necklace

At our last craft club meeting on Thursday night, we were taught how to make fabric flowers. I went into the evening thinking that I would use the fabric flowers that I created to make a necklace similar to this one:



That didn't happen.  Instead, I made this:

It's a fabric flower pin, if you couldn't tell.  While it is cute, it is not the necklace that I had hoped to walk away with that night. 

Fast forward to Sunday night, when I was looking for ways to avoid my school work:  I gathered the materials that I had purchased at Jo-Ann earlier in the day (including an awesome new hot glue gun) and set to work on creating the necklace of my crafting dreams.  I decided that creating pom pom flowers looked a lot easier than rolling fabric flowers, and chose to follow the tutorial that I had found at http://www.littlemissmomma.com/2010/12/pom-pom-bib-necklace-tutorial-lmm.html to make the pom pom necklace seen below:


Pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself!  I showed off my necklace at school today, and received lots of compliments on it!  It was so incredibly easy to make, too!  I bought materials to make a second necklace another day.   I *might* attempt to create a rolled fabric flower necklace for a slightly different look.  We'll see. 

1 comments:

Stefanie said...

These are adorable! I made something similar for a surprise xmas swappy gift...yours turned out great...can you help me out with what chain you bought and how you attached it?

Post a Comment