Saturday, December 10, 2011

Giving Thanks

With Christmas just two weeks away, it seems inappropriate that I am just now posting about Thanksgiving Day.  I guess that I've neglected this little blog for the last few weeks.  I'll blame report cards...and Pinterest...and TV...and general laziness. 

Jim and I celebrated Thanksgiving 2011 with both of our families - with Jim's family at our traditional feast at Grandma Joan's house early in the day, and with my family at our own house a few hours later (My mom had been kind enough to come over early in the morning to put the turkey in the oven and to get a head-start on the rest of the cooking.). 

We always have much to be thankful for, but we were filled with even more gratitude this Thanksgiving.  Our new niece, Emma May, was born to proud parents Chris and Kristen just days before, we are blessed to be expecting our little Twinkies in the spring, and we were able to gather together with our families and celebrate the holiday over good food and conversation. 

Grandma Joan happily holds her new great-granddaughter

Miss Emma May

Such a little peanut!


Emma slept through most of the festivities; if we are lucky to have two newborns like her, having twin babies will be a cinch!

Hi, Emma! 

Feast #2 - I had no problem putting away two Thanksgiving meals this year!

My silly siblings

Sue and Matt

A Thanksgiving hug from the biggest little turkey I know!

Too much turkey...


We hope that you had a happy Thanksgiving (and are enjoying the Christmas holiday season as well)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment