Saturday, December 17, 2011

Good Eats: Broiled Grapefruit



While at the grocery store a few nights ago, I passed by the display of grapefruit and stopped to take a gander.  I had not eaten a grapefruit since I was a child, but suddenly, I found myself craving one!  I bought a couple and went on my merry way.  The next morning, I ate the first one with just a sprinkle of sugar on top, but this morning, I decided to try a recipe that I found on -where else - Pinterest. 

The recipe calls for broiling the grapefruit with a glaze of butter, sugar, and cinnamon on top.  It is served warm, juicy, and DELICIOUS!  You MUST try this...soon!  I know that I'm going to pick up more grapefruits for myself to eat over the next few days!

Recipe for:  Broiled Grapefruit
From:  http://www.running-foodie.com/ via Pinterest

Ingredients:
1 grapefruit, cut in half and segmented with a serrated knife
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, etc.

Directions:
1.  Turn on your broiler and position the rack in the top shelf, as close to the broiler as you can get it.
2.  Halve and segment your grapefruit.  You might need tot ake a little slice off the bottoms so that they don't roll.
2.  Mix butter, brown sugar, and desired spices until they form a thick paste.
3.  Place grapefruit halves in a broiler-safe pan and smear the butter/sugar paste on top.
4.  Broil grapefruit halves for 4 to 6 minutes, keeping an eye on them and rotating if necessary.
5.  Remove from oven and serve warm.  Yum!

0 comments:

Post a Comment